With this thought in mind, he went to see his aunt. While passing in front of alachighs , he noticed a familiar looking horse fastened in a pole in front of one of the alachighs. His heart started pounding, making bigger steps, he reached the alachigh and saw her busy making doogh . She immediately recognised him as the hunter she met earlier during the day and whom she has confiscated her deer from. She stared and greeted him serenely. "This stranger has come to take my hunt back", she doubtfully said to herself, "I have make him leave sooner or risk his life", she decided for herself. "I'm on my way to my aunt's house when I saw your horse tied up here so I decided to take a look", Nabi said. "A man's word is only one and as promised that deer belongs to you, there's no way I'll take it back. I can easily hunt for another one of these days" Nabi replied seeing the questioning look on her face.
Hearing this, Hajar felt better and offered him a bowl of doogh to quench his thirst. With eyes fixed on her, he drank the doogh. He could not take his eyes away from her, having noticed this Hajar got red with embarrassment and immediately understood that visiting his aunt is only a reason. She tried to start a conversation by asking him his name and which tribe does he belong to. Nabi dutifully answered all her questions. Hajar found out all about Nabi, how famous he is in his tribe, how he excels in archery and other traits. "Why did you not fight for your right and relinquish your hunt very quickly." She asked, "Did you think that arguing with a woman will make you feel and look small to others?" "Did you know that among the Shahsovan tribe there is no difference being a man or a woman, and all are treated as men-of-war?" she implied further. Hearing this Nabi reasoned out "As what I have told you before, war should be something worth fighting for not due to a ram, which can be found everywhere. Bloodshed is not worth it and diversity in beliefs between the tribes must be stopped." Hajar realised that he is a man of logic and understood his intelligence. How they long to be with each other and be engaged in endless talk about life but their embarrassment is so obvious that Nabi finally had to say good bye and proceed to his aunt's house.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Alachigh - a wooden hut used for temporary shelter by tribesmen.
Doogh - native yoghurt drink.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment